Monday, April 23, 2012

Fisheye

Directly above is a fish eye photo. Most people don't know what this is, but when they see the image they understand the name. Most photographers spend a lot of money on special lenses to make their photo's appear as if they are literally in a fish bowl. I'm going to show you how in 3 easy steps how to create this look with just editing!
Here is your starting image. The first step you are going to want to do is crop the photo with a circle/oval shape. If your computer doesn't allow this then you can doin it on paint very easily. It has a preset circle crop button that will allow you to do this.
I'm going to use the oval shape to create a different image than my first example. Next you are going to blur the edges. This might take multiple times to blue the image enough to make it look like it is in a bowl. It took me 4 times to get the blur that I wanted for this effect.
Last step if you are going to chage the background of the image to black to emphasize the shape. If your computer doesn't allow you to paintbucket the background you can you FotoFlexer editing. It is a free website that allows really cool edits. I decided to use this to show you the process. I used the border tool and clicked on vigenette/matte. This basically means it is sofening the edges only instead of white it will be useing black.
You are finished! Now you have a photo that has the same effect as a fishbowl lense and didn't have to spend a dime. This also makes this look like you used photoshop or had a professional edit your photograph for you.

2 comments:

  1. Really cool, this looks awesome and easy! Though you do have several spelling and grammar errors so double check on those. Stll great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered how people were able to edit photos this way. I know a few people who have brought fish eye lenses for their I-Phones. This by far looks better then any of their photos I have seen them post online.

    ReplyDelete